August 18th 2016- Ford Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition Due to Arrive with Attitude as Ranger 4×4 Tops July Sales, Narrows Gap Further to Hilux 4×4 year-to-date
- Ford is investing in Australia like no other automaker with $2 billion in R&D over the past six years and even more to launch and upgrade a record number of products, including the Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition, on sale in September
- The Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition to arrive shortly as Ford closes the gap to Toyota with the Ranger 4×4 topping July 4×4 pick-up sales charts with a 21.2 per cent share of the segment
- Ranger 4×4 now only 172 units behind the Hilux 4×4 year-to-date, representing an increase in sales of 37.5 per cent to July
- The Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition will bring even more visual attitude with the addition of a sports bar, tow bar, side steps, bed and tailgate liner and adds an additional $4,900^ worth of Ford Genuine Factory-Fitted Accessories for an exceptional recommended drive away price
Ford is boosting one of the industry’s hottest models by launching the new Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition in September as the Ranger 4×4 already has seen sales rise nearly 40 per cent compared to the same time last year while taking more than 21 per cent of the 4×4 pick-up segment and again beating Hilux 4×4 in monthly sales during July.
The Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition offers unsurpassed 3500kg towing capacity^^, rear view camera and rear parking sensors and builds on the critical acclaim Ranger has recently enjoyed, with the Ford Ranger XLT awarded Drive Best Ute 2015, CarSales Best Tradie Vehicle 2015 and CarSales Best Offroad 4×4 2015.
“Already considered one of the most capable and desirable pick-up trucks on the market, we expect the Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition will help us narrow the gap to Toyota even further, with Ranger 4×4 now only 172 units behind the Hilux 4×4 year-to-date,” said Graeme Whickman, CEO and President, Ford of Australia.
Ranger was designed and engineered in Australia, and the addition of the Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition demonstrates how Ford’s commitment to local customers extends beyond the billions invested in local R&D as Ford Australia continues to deliver 20 new or updated vehicles by 2020.
Introducing the Ford Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition:
The Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition is based on the 4×4 XLS Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L and adds more than $4,900^ of Ford Genuine Factory-Fitted Accessories, including:
- Sports bar to give the Special Edition more visual attitude
- Genuine Ford tow-bar that enables Ranger’s 3500kg towing capability
- Side steps that help entry and egress, as well as bolstering the Ranger’s rugged looks
- Bed and tailgate liner that adds to the practicality and usefulness of the Ranger’s expansive tray area and load capability
The Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition in both manual and automatic will be available from 2017MY production beginning August 1, 2016.
More content and exceptional recommended drive away offers:
The recommended Drive Away Offers on the Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition:
|Model||XLS* (2017MY)||XLS Special Edition* (2017MY)||Difference|
|4×4 XLS Double Pick-up 3.2L MT||$47,490||$49,990||$2500|
|4×4 XLS Double Pick-up 3.2L AT||$49,690||$52,190||$2500|
* Recommended Drive Away Offers only. The selling price of any vehicle is at the discretion of the selling Dealer.
# 4×4 XLS Double Pick-up 3.2L 2017 MY arriving September.
Going Further for Australia and Australian Customers
The Ranger 4×4 XLS Special Edition offers Australian customers significant value and gives an already attractive vehicle an extra dash of attitude.
Ranger was designed and engineered in Australia and, along with Everest SUV, is the centrepiece of Ford’s $2 billion investment in local R&D since 2009.
Ford is home to 1100 designers and engineers, with the company set to become the largest auto employer in the nation after 2017.
^ Value based on the fitted RRP (including GST) for Dealer fitted accessories at participating Dealers. Based on RRP for accessories, standard labour time & recommended hourly labour rate
^^ When fitted with the optional Ford Genuine Accessory tow ball