- The first-ever Ranger Raptor combines Ford Performance DNA with the award-winning Ranger’s renowned off-road capability and versatility, giving Australians the first highspeed, off-road Ford Ranger
- Ranger Raptor is the first Ford Performance Ranger offered in Australia, and will be the official recovery vehicle of the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship following its arrival in Australian showrooms
- New highly-advanced Bi-Turbo powertrain includes a new 10-speed transmission to deliver 500Nm of torque for maximum drivability and unprecedented off-road capability
- The Ford Performance Ranger Raptor is standard with a five-year/unlimited kilometre warranty, in addition to a range of other benefits including Ford’s Service Price Promise, Loan Car Program, Auto Club Membership and Sat-nav MapCare updates which are available to eligible customers at participating dealers
Ford Motor Company today celebrated the official start of production for the highly anticipated, first-ever Ranger Raptor performance truck at its world-class Ford Thailand Manufacturing (FTM) facility in Rayong.
The Ranger Raptor – Ford’s first high-speed off-road performance truck built in Asia Pacific – was revealed to the public during the 2018 Bangkok Motor Show in March where Ford began taking customer orders. Deliveries are scheduled to start in Australia in October. Combining Ford Performance DNA with the Ranger’s renowned capability and versatility, the Ranger Raptor sets a new benchmark in high-speed, off-road pickup capability. The Raptor’s tough design is embodied by the well-recognised block Ford letters on its grill.
“The Ranger Raptor is truly the ultimate Ranger. With its bold appearance and extreme, off-road performance features, the Ranger Raptor represents a new and distinctive breed of truck for the region,” said Yukontorn ‘Vickie’ Wisadkosin, president, Ford ASEAN.
The Ranger Raptor is equipped with a powerful new Bi-Turbo diesel engine that is mated to a 10-Speed transmission to deliver peak power of 157kW of and 500Nm of torque from a low 1750rpm.
Built with increased ride height and a wider track, the Ranger Raptor includes standard front and rear FOX shock absorbers to improve ride and handling for even the most extreme rough terrain enthusiasts.
An innovative all-new Watt’s linkage rear suspension with coil-over rear springs further delivers diehard off-roaders rear axle lateral stability when travelling at high speeds in the great outdoors. Even in the most challenging terrain, flawless vehicle handing and accurate gear changing are made possible via the special Raptor steering wheel equipped with a magnesium paddle shifter.
Packed with the latest in-vehicle technologies, the Ranger Raptor features a Terrain Management System (TMS) that offers six modes that help deliver truly high performance, including the highly anticipated Baja Mode.
Ranger Raptor also comes with unique underbody protection to deflect off-road obstacles. The new bash plate is made from 2.3mm thick high-strength steel and meets enhanced capabilities for strength in-line with Ford Performance requirements.
Smart technologies and highlights include:
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- Active noise cancellation system
- SYNC™ 3 with multi-touch screen with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Navigation system
- Keyless and push start button
- Easy lift tailgate
- HID projector headlamps
- LED daytime running lights
- LED fog lamps
- Aluminium side-steps
- High speed off-road durability performance front bumper
- 17-inch alloy wheels with all-terrain BF Goodrich KO2 285/70 R17 tyres
The Ranger Raptor is available in five bold and enticing colors, including the new and unique Conquer Grey, as well as Lightning Blue, Race Red, Shadow Black and Frozen White.
While boasting Australian-led design and engineering at the Asia-Pacific Product Development Centre in Broadmeadows, Victoria, the Ranger Raptor is built at Ford Thailand Manufacturing for sale in the domestic market and export across the Asia Pacific region. In 2015, Ford announced an additional investment of US$186 million in FTM for incremental Ranger production volume to meet soaring demand across the region.