41mm Bore Foam Cell Shock Absorbers
Tough Dog’s award winning Foam Cell shock is our best selling shock for all round performance. Whether you head bush on the occasional weekend or for the majority of the year, Foam Cell shocks will handle your application.
The ‘Foam Cell’ that makes all the difference is a micro-cellular foam insert that helps to drastically reduce the effects of shock fade, allowing your shocks to perform better for longer, even on the harshest of corrugations. Cavitation and Aeration are the undoing of any shock absorber. As the shock is worked harder, the oil and gas in the outer chamber begins to mix and form bubbles, lowering the viscosity of the oil. When this aerated oil passes through the valve, there is reduced resistance, stopping the shock form performing correctly. The Foam Cell insert, with its trapped gas micro cells takes up the empty space in the shock normally taken up by air or nitrogen gas. This eliminates the possibility of bubbles forming, allowing the shock to get on with the job with an unparalleled resistance to shock fade.
- Large 41mm internal bore
- Twin tube design
- High temperature, all weather oil
- 18mm, double chrome-plated rod
- Additional welding on all studs & eyerings
- Multi stage Velocity Sensitive Valving
- Rod wiper seal and multi lip seal
- Hydraulic rebound stop
- 2 Year/40,000km warranty in 0-50mm applications. (conditions apply)
- 1 Year/20,000km warranty in 50mm or higher applications. (conditions apply)
Tough Dog offer such a wide range of products for so many different vehicles and vehicle configurations.
It is very easy to fall into the trap of buying the incorrect suspension components to suit your vehicle and your needs. For example, the suspension needs for your vehicle are vastly different if you do the odd trip on gravel roads with no accessories fitted to your vehicle as opposed so someone who goes on long distance high difficulty terrain over extended times and have a bulbar, winch, twin spare tyres and a roof rack fitted to your vehicle. Fitting incorrectly rated suspension components to your vehicle drastically effect its handling and your driving experience.
Our main aim is customer satisfaction and its because of this fact we ask that you use the form below to send us the details of your vehicle along with the product that you prefer so that we can tailor the best suspension set up for your vehicle and your needs.
Have you shopped around? We will also price match!
Things we need to know:
- Year, make and model of your vehicle – I.e- 2007, Toyota Hilux
- Body Style – I.e- Wagon, Dual Cab, Single Cab etc
- Accessories –I.e- steel or alloy bulbar, winch, steel rear bar with twin spare wheel carriers, roof rack etc
- What you do with your vehicle – Long distance touring, weekend warrior, farm/work ute etc
- What you want- I.e- New shock absorbers, new springs or a full kit.